Are People Becoming Addicted to Technology?
Numerous studies claim that addiction to technology is real and it has the same effect on the brain as drug addiction. First, no one can deny the fact that technology is of great importance to our daily life. However, as a matter of fact, its adverse effect should not be ignored by the public.
Confronted with such phenomenon, we should take a series of effective measures to cope with the situation. For one thing, it is obvious that the universities and mass media should increase publicity and education to encourage people to apply technology more appropriately. For another, we should bear in mind that we are supposed to take a reasonable attitude toward modern technology, and make its advantages over-weigh disadvantages.
Personally, I believe that only by doing so can we better ourselves in every aspect of our life. Consequently, I’m confident that a bright future is awaiting us because technology makes our life rich and colorful.
whether violent video games online will cause students’violent behaviors?
With the progress of the times, the use of smart phones, computers and other electronic products is becoming more and more common among students. And many students like violent video games online. This raises a question, whether violent online games will lead to students’ violent tendency? From my point of view, the answer is no.
First of all, through online games, students can relieve the pressure in real life and find like-minded people to communicate with, which will reduce students’ irritable tendency in real life. In this way, these video games will not increase students’ violent tendency. On the contrary, to a certain extent they will reduce students’ irritable behaviors. Moreover, online video games are virtual and the violent elements in the games are unrealistic, and these violent scenes can hardly be implemented in real life. So the violence in online games has little impact on real life.
To sum up, from my point of view, violent online games will not lead to students’ violent tendency. The development of science and technology is bound to change people’s way of life, which will bring about a lot of influence on people’s life. It is only necessary for us to learn to use it properly.
Whether technology will make people lazy ?
With the continuous progress of science and technology, great changes have taken place in the way people live. This progress has brought great convenience to people. Nonetheless, it has also made many people lazy.
First, the widespread use of Internet technology, especially smart phones, allows people to know what is happening outside without going out. People just need to pick up a mobile phone, connect to the Internet, and open the corresponding software, then the major events of the world will be caught in their eyes. They no longer have to open books and newspapers or go out to get information. Second, the appearance of takeaways has also made people lazier. People can get whatever they want to eat without cooking for themselves or even getting up to go to a restaurant. In addition, online shopping is more enjoyable for people. Many people forgo the tiring activity of going to the mall, instead, they lie in the sofa and just move their fingers. Therefore, the decline in exercise has left many people in declining health.
To sum up, the ever-changing technology brings convenience to people, but it also makes people lazy. Consequently, while improving the quality of life, people should learn to use science and technology correctly instead of relying on it blindly.
46. C)They help students acquire the skills needed for their future success.
47. A) By blending them with traditional, stimulating activities
48. B) By playing with things to solve problems on their own.
49. C) Encourage them to make things with hands.
50. B) Develop students’ creative skills with the resources available
51. B) It does not appeal to him.
52. C) Many employees are deeply frustrated by iT.
53. D) Employees become more confident in their work.
54. D) Think about the possible effects on their employees.
55. A) By designing systems that suit their needs.
46. B) They turned public attention away from the health risks of sugar to fat.
47. D) Nearly all of them serve the purpose of the funders.
48. A) Exercise is more important to good health than diet.
49. C) It rarely results in objective findings.
50. D) Think twice about new nutrition research findings.
51. C) How people viewed success in his father’s time.
52. B) It was a way to advance in their career
53. A) They are often regarded as most treasured talents
54. C) What kind of people can contribute more to them.
55. D) It will bring about radical economic and social changes.
46. A) It facilitates innovative thinking.
47. A) A need to be left alone.
48. C) It may prevent people from developing a genuine sense of community.
49. B) Reflect on how they relate to others.
50. D) Devote themselves to a worthy cause.
51. A) Calorie consumption had fallen drastically over the decades.
52. A) People’ s calorie intake was far from accurately reported.
53. B) They overlook the potential causes of obesity.
54. B) The potential causes of snacking.
55. B)Make sure people eat non-fattening food.